Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Building a Relationship with Christ


“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land,” [II Chronicles 7:14]. The successful survival of a Christian is predicated on several things. According to the aforementioned word, these things include the following:  
  • Humble ourselves 
  • Pray
  • Seek his face 
The dictionary describes the adjective "humble" as characterized by modesty or meekness in behavior, attitude or spirit. It is also defined as, “exhibiting differential or submissive respect; to make lower in condition or status." As Christians, we must recognize the Lordship and Sovereignty and God. He is the ruler of the universe. But for him, we are nothing. We must approach the throne of grace with a bowed down head and a humble heart. “Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven,” [Matthew 18:4]. Our spirit and soul should be converted to that of an innocent child. Jesus provided the greatest example of humbleness. After all, we are to be Christlike. Realizing that the time had come for Him to sacrifice His life for you and I, He humbled himself and washed his disciple’s feet. Jesus said, “For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him,”  [John 13:15-16]. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities like the wind, have taken us away,” [Isaiah 64: 6].

Prayer is the communication with God. We must talk to God so that our steps may be ordered. Prayer is the lifeline of our existence. Without communication with God, we cannot chard out destiny. Our purpose will not be revealed unless and until we talk to the Father. “Evening and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud:  and he shall hear my voice;" [Psalms 55:17]. “Pray without ceasing,”  [I Thessalonians 5:17].  

It is imperative, in our spiritual growth and development, that we continually seek his face. The more intimate our relationship with God, the more he reveals himself to us. If our desire is a closer walk with Him, we must continually seek his face. If we want more God, we must seek more God. The God relationship is a personal relationship. God is not going to force himself upon us. We define the extent and nature of our relationship because he has blessed us with free will. Our relationship is as big as small as we design it to be. As for Spiritedsista, the more God I receive, the more God I desire to have in my life. I realize that God is my life and without God, there is no life. I desire, therefore, to seek him the more. “But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul,” [Deuteronomy 4:29]. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you,” [Matthew 6:33].

Again, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal the land,” [II Chronicles 7:14].           

No comments:

Post a Comment